A few things about Orfium
Τhere are already more than enough music platforms out there, but they don't all serve the same purposes. In order for an independent artist to create revenue, platforms like Spotify or iTunes require a contract with a record label, while at the same time SoundCloud doesn't offer any means of monetization.
Thus we decided to build Orfium, a startup based in Malibu California that focuses on indie artists, offering them the chance to create a revenue stream from anywhere in the world, skipping the middle-man. From simple in-app purchases up to sound-recording & composition rights, Orfium spawns a variety of channels through which an artist can benefit from, without hidden fees or paid subscriptions.
To put it simply: We provide value to indie music artists.
We now have a range of different sub-products that an artist can utilise. One of them being www.orfium.com.
What we need
We are looking for a Data Analyst with a Big Data background/Data Scientist to analyze data and be able to create algorithms to extract information from them. https://orfium.tech/
What you will be doing
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
- Analyze of time series and build forecasting model
- Using AWS Services to build production-ready applications
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst
- Experience in data mining for at least one year
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research
- Strong skills on a scripting language, Python preferably
- Experience with some of the common Python data-science toolkits: Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, Scikit-learn is a bonus.
- Experience using data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop, Spark)
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- AWS knowledge is a plus
- You'll get to work into one of the up-and-coming tech companies in the music industry.
- Flexible working hours with the opportunity to work remotely some days every month.
- 40-hour work week.
- Competitive salary.
- Private Insurance.
- Stock options plan.
- Laid-back environment, seconds away from the Cholargos metro station.
- Latest tech equipment.
- Free snacks, coffee, tea, etc.
- Paid monthly card for public transport.
- Paid participation in conferences.