Front-end Developer : ReactJS
Α FEW THINGS ABOUT US
Τhere are already more than enough music platforms out there, but they don't all serve the same purposes. In order for an independent artist to create revenue, platforms like Spotify or iTunes require a contract with a record label, while at the same time SoundCloud doesn't offer any means of monetization.
Thus we decided to build Orfium, a startup based in Malibu California that focuses on indie artists, offering them the chance to create a revenue stream from anywhere in the world, skipping the middle-man. From simple in-app purchases up to sound-recording & composition rights, Orfium spawns a variety of channels though which an artist can benefit from, without hidden fees or payed subscriptions.
To put it simply: We provide value to indie music artists.
We now have a range of different sub-products that an artist can utilise. One of them being www.orfium.com.
WHAT WE NEED
We are looking for a React Front-End Developer to join our Greek branch in Chalandri, Attica.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
This developer will:
- Collaborate with the team that is responsible for our B2C platform (https://www.orfium.com) and will contribute to its new version, written entirely in React.
- Closely cooperate with our Designers in order to add new features to the platform.
- Be involved in the user experience process, from wireframes and mockups, to testing and release.
- Suggest - in coordination with our designers & product manager - elegant solutions to interesting problems.
- Contribute to the creation of a UI library and other JS tools, that our Front-End team will use across different products.
- Help define and maintain the visual guidelines, ensuring cross-app consistency.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in Front-End programming.
- Deep exposure to ReactJS, Redux and Webpack.
- Hands-on experience on apps with a modern stack (ES6, Flexbox, CSS Modules etc.)
- Ability to write organised and clean code
- Good understanding of Version Control (preferably with Git)
- Willingness to continuously learn and become better
- Experience collaborating on software projects with a decoupled Front-end & Back-end handled by different teams.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience with React in a production environment
- A nice Github account, with interesting projects or contributions
- Good debugging skills (Chrome DevTools)
- You'll get to work into one of the up-and-coming tech companies in the music industry.
- Flexible working hours with the opportunity to work remotely some days every month.
- 40-hour work week.
- Competitive salary.
- Training budget for online/offline courses.
- Paid participation in conferences.
- Private Insurance.
- Stock options plan.
- Paid monthly card for public transport.
- Laid-back environment, seconds away from the Cholargos metro station.
- Latest tech equipment of your choice.
- Free snacks, coffee, tea, etc.