Mid-Senior Software Engineer
Α FEW THINGS ABOUT ORFIUM
Τhere are already more than enough music platforms out there, but they don't all serve the same purposes. In order for an independent artist to create revenue, platforms like Spotify or iTunes require a contract with a record label, while at the same time SoundCloud doesn't offer any means of monetization.
Thus we decided to build Orfium, a startup based in Malibu California US that focuses on indie artists, offering them the chance to create a revenue stream from anywhere in the world, skipping the middle-man. From simple in-app purchases up to sound-recording & composition rights, Orfium spawns a variety of channels through which an artist can benefit from, without hidden fees or paid subscriptions. We now have a range of different sub-products that an artist can utilize; One of them being www.orfium.com.
To put it simply: We provide value to indie music artists, while we solve big problems for the music industry.
WHAT WE NEED
We are looking for a Mid/Senior Django Backend Engineer to join our Greek branch in Chalandri, Attica.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
You will be part of an Agile Team (Kanban) and will:
- Maintain as well as build new features for our B2C platform (https://www.orfium.com).
- Participate in team meetings and propose solutions.
- Code Review your collaborators' code(everyone does it).
- Properly document your work by both technical and/or business perspective.
- At least 2-3 years of working experience in creating and maintaining software systems in production environments.
- At least 1 year of working experience with Django or a modern Web Development Framework.
- Experience in Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- Hands-On SQL Experience(preferably with PostgreSQL).
- Ability to write organised and clean code.
- Good understanding of Version Control (preferably with Git).
- Understanding of Modern System Architectures, Design Patterns, Data Structures.
- Willingness to continuously learn and become better.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Expertise in Django/Django REST Framework.
- Familiarity with AWS.
- Experience with ElasticSearch.
- Experience with consuming third-party APIs.
- Love for music.
- You'll get to work into one of the up-and-coming tech companies in the music industry.
- Flexible working hours with the opportunity to work remotely some days every month.
- 40-hour work week.
- Competitive salary.
- Training budget for online/offline courses.
- Paid participation in conferences.
- Private Insurance.
- Stock options plan.
- Paid monthly card for public transport.
- Laid-back environment, seconds away from the Cholargos metro station.
- Latest tech equipment.
- Free snacks, coffee, tea, etc.